Responsible for the coordination and supervision of the mast and tower activities on the geographical or functional area of the mast structures and colocation related network. Perform management and maintenance of all M&T infrastructure, including processing of tenancy or site sharing applications, auditing, maintaining, and repairing of all malfunctioning M&T structures in order to evade service disruption. Implementing new installation requests and improvement on existing to ensure network growth, tenancy incremental and stability. Support the new build project management of Gyro Masts & Towers portfolio including but not limited to new Pipeline, Repairs and Refurbishment, Co-location related projects and Masts facilities business as usual (BAU) activities to achieve defined project or operational objectives within given timelines, budget and performance. Management of both internal and external stakeholders as well as a geographically distributed team. Provide clients regional support and reporting on Gyro M&T business objectives.
Tenancy Processing and Technical Support:
Coordinate end to end processing & facilitation of co-location applications
-Contract Amendment/ reassessment
Perform Radio Site Engineering and site/space optimization
- Manage site lease schedule verification and signoff
- Support co-location Income verification and billing discrepancies assessments
- Manage co-location installation, acceptance and signoff on Quality
- Manage stakeholders to ensure end to end completion of the tenancy requests
- Manage co-user power connections charges (Trip Rating charge & Power-metering)
- Compile co-location agreements report and validate installation against tariffs
- Receive radios site and facilities management requests from customer
- Attend to the query/ request with applicable staff member and or facility contractor
- Provide necessary feedback to customers
Mast & Towers Facilities Management (FM)
- Coordinate maintenance of relevant Radio sites and facilities management
- Verify and update data on colocation systems
- Log facilities related queries with facilities management contractor and follow up for resolution
- Perform Quality and audit on Gyro M&T structures
- Coordinate decommissioning and recovery of old redundant and inactive equipment
- Coordinate Co-user power metering and optimization project
- Coordinate site cleaning, security and infrastructure maintenance on Gyro M&T sites
- Support the development and implementation of the mast Project Plan, including the configuration management, risk management, issue management and communication plans.
- Liaise with and coordinate the activities of service providers where required including the management of budget and actual costs.
- Liaise with project office and provide inputs on an ongoing basis throughout the projects to ensure that the projects implemented meet the set objectivesInterface with operating divisions and internal departments, attend functional meetings regularly to ensure correctness of specifications and deliverables.
- Support project office to maintain and coordinate the register of stakeholders and clients, and ensure timely and consistent communication on projects status to stakeholders
- Regular feedback/ progress meeting, maintain and coordinate the register of stakeholders and clients
- Maintain stakeholder relationship, including employees, customers, suppliers and service providers
- Supporting in assessing demand for suitable site(s) for new and upgrade masts rollout (in light with regional specific in-sighted garnered from customer engagements)
- Analyse load limitation on existing masts and assess the need for mast upgrade
- Perform technical sites surveys and kick-off site build meetings (as required by the Project Management team)
- Quality Acceptance and signoff on all built tower
- Arrange new asset registration and add to maintenance list
- Coordinate antennae migration from old mast to newly built or upgraded mast in instances of tower replacements
- Support the decommissioning and recovery of old masts & towers process
Relevant 3 year National diploma/ Project management/ Radio Site Engineering principles or equivalent qualification (at least NQF level 6)
5 Years relevant experience Masts & towers related management experience, Project/ Programme Management experience will be an advantage.
Valid driver's license and own car.
Follow the link to applyView more information
This Maintenance Operator will be supporting the Maintenance Team by providing effective equipment maintenance assistance and reliability while adhering to ...
Maintenance, repairs and installation of Radio equipment, portable handheld radios, repeaters, Tetra infrastructure including point to point and point to ...
A Maintenance Operator supports the Maintenance team by providing effective equipment maintenance assistance and reliability while adhering to procedures/codes, to ...
Enable the Engineering Services Technical Support strategy with respect to providing Instrumentation & Control engineering development and support to projects, ...